[GRASS-user] Searching Docs about 3D geological modelisation

MORREALE Jean Roc jr.morreale at enoreth.net
Thu Jan 7 17:00:37 EST 2010

Hello Grasslist,

I'm searching for papers, books or usecases covering the use of GRASS in
geology, mainly on the stratigraphic representations (well log,
schematic block diagram) and geomorphological (erosion, georelief
reconstruction) aspects.

This is an area I've not practiced so far so I would be interested to
know how people here deal with it  in Grass (especially their rules for
building a 3d model from logs and exploiting it correctly but also any
kind of spicy stuff you can obtain from it).

Thre is some related papers I've already find on these subjects :

HydroGIS 96: Application of Geographic Information Systems in Hydrology
and Water Resources Management (Proceedings of the Vienna Conference,
April 1996). IAHS Publ. no. 235, 1996.

Spatial Geologic Hazard Analysis in Practice, J. David Rogers, 2004

Three-dimensional Geological Modeling by FOSS GRASS GIS, Atsushi
Kajiyama et al., 2004

Volume modeling of soils using GRASS GIS 3D-Tools, Markus Neteler, 2001

Regards,
MORREALE Jean Roc