[GRASS-user] How to Import and Export Maps Using Grass

David Benman dave at dbenman.com
Sat Jan 16 09:46:43 EST 2010

I am programming a flight simulator and need to create landscape imagery. I
have downloaded the New York State orthoimagery available at
http://www.nysgis.state.ny.us/gateway/mg/2006/onondaga/

I now need to combine several image tiles into one, reduce their resulting
size, etc. How can I do this with Grass? I have never used Grass, but hope
somebody could point me to some applicable tutorials or outline the major
steps.

Basically, I'd like to be able to view the imagery as a set of combined
images and then be able to output areas at specific pixel resolutions.