[GRASS-user] r.slope.aspect: Unexpected Results

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Jan 26 12:15:59 EST 2010

   I believe that I asked about this before but I don't have the thread
saved, and I don't know where the mail list is archived.

   I have a 10m DEM and tried running r.slope.aspect on it. The output files
(one each for slope and aspect) look like static divided into square cells.
The same problem occurs when I refine the resolution to 1m. I believe that
Markus N. wrote a comment about this but I don't have that message.

   What do I read to learn what the input raster map needs to provide
r.slope.aspect so that the outputs are appropriate?

Thanks,

Rich