[GRASS-user] r.slope.aspect: Unexpected Results

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Jan 26 20:21:02 EST 2010

On Tue, 26 Jan 2010, Glynn Clements wrote:

> You could try repeating the cropping process, using g.region's align=
> option to align the grid to the source map.

Glynn,

   FIXED the problem.

   I re-ran 'r.mapcalc "aberDEM=demNW"' and it cleaned up all the problems.
r.slope.aspect produces output maps as it should. No more static in
vertical/horizontal striped squares.

   No idea what went wrong the first time, but it's all fixed now.

   Thank you very much for this suggestion. From now on, any problems with
converted data of any type and the first thing I'll do is recreate the map
giving problems.

Rich