[GRASS-user] r.param.scale Incorrect Output

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Jan 28 18:45:20 EST 2010

On Thu, 28 Jan 2010, Rich Shepard wrote:

>  I'm stymied trying to get output from r.param.scale that is equivalent to
> the example on the bottom of the man page.

   Resetting g.region to the input elevation map without any additional
options and adding a zmult factor of 5 appears to help. When the specified
param is 'features' I see what should be ridges and channels, but no peaks
or pits.

   Changing the calculated param to either elev or profc yields blank maps
when I try to display them with d.rast.

   Suggestions on how to properly apply this module will be very helpful.

Rich