[GRASS-user] python pipe output for v.lidar.edgedetection -e

Mark Seibel mseibel at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 14:01:57 EDT 2010

I've been using this as a resource,
http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_and_Python , which has been great.
I'm just starting to get into Python and GRASS.

I have had success with the grass.pipe_command and grass.read_command
for 'r.stats' and 'g.region -g'.

However, when I try to get the point estimate value output (which goes
to the terminal) from the v.lidar.edgedetection module into a
variable, it is without success, as it does not put any data in the
variable.  I'm looking to get the mean point distance output from this
module.  the command being used is, "v.lidar.edgedetection -e
--overwrite input=points_all output=estimate see=5 sen=5 lambda_g=.01
tgh=6 tgl=3 theta_g=.26 lambda_r=2"

Is there anything different or particular about this lidar command,
compared to the examples from the GRASS_and_Python wiki?

Thanks to all.
Mark