[GRASS-user] Datum not recognized by GRASS

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Fri Jul 2 03:15:15 EDT 2010

Hi Anders,

(please keep it on the list)

unfortunately you need a recompiled version. I wonder if anyone is
creating weekly binary snapshots of GRASS 6.4 for Mac OS X...

Otherwise
- you could recompile yourself (far from impossible, I am geographer :-) )
- you could amend the metadata with the gdaltools
   gdal_translate -a_srs ... oldfile.tif newfile.tif

(see also
  http://gfoss.blogspot.com/2008/06/gdal-raster-data-tips-and-tricks.html
  -> Fixing broken projection/datum info for raster data
)

cheers
Markus

2010/7/2 Anders Gonçalves da Silva <andersgs at gmail.com>:
> Hi Markus and Paul.
>
> Thank you for the help. I am not positive, though, how to actually go about
> correcting this on my own version of GRASS.
Mac OS X