[GRASS-user] Define Global Variables and use them in a Python script

Kim Besson kimbesson1981 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 11:56:25 EDT 2010

Hi there

I've been testing and "kind of " using GRASS-Python scripts for nearly 2
weeks and it's being great. So far no major issues but now I need to do
something:
- From a text file (ASCII) I need to read a few variables and make them
global bariables I mean, be available and defined for a huge set of Scripts
in order to avoid to define those variables in each Script. And, in case I
change them, I only have to change in that ASCII File. My questions are:
1- How can I do GRASS to read an external File in order to define GLOBAL
VARIABLES?
2- How can I call them from a GRASS_SCRIPT?

Thanks

Best regards,
Kim