[GRASS-user] running R in GRASS 6.4 on MS Windows 7

mike_woods mike_woods at o2.pl
Tue Jul 6 05:06:01 EDT 2010

I there everyone.
Lately I changed computers and also platforms (from Ubuntu 8 to Win7).
I installed GRASS 6.4.0RC6 with MSYS and R x64 2.11.1, and I have some trouble with launching R. I of course installed spgrass6 in R, so theoretically everything should be going smooth, but apparently it doesn't. I open GRASS with MSYS to have the console. I normally type R and it (console) prints that there is no such command. Err. So I try to launch R from the command line in GRASS typing R's directory - ok, it launches, but when I want to change e.g. region in GRASS I can't, because it doesn't respond (GRASS hangs). It gets back to normal work after quitting R.
So is there anything I should do prior to launching R in GRASS? I installed GRASS in no-spaces-directory so that MSYS could run smoothly. I downloaded required packages. So where ever am I doing something wrong?

Thx in advance for help,
Mike