[GRASS-user] Converting vector points to areas?

Justin Benjamin justin.benjamin at primordial.com
Tue Jul 6 10:56:43 EDT 2010

Hello,

I'm working with LiDAR data imported as vector points. Ideally we would like to consolidate groups of close-together points into vector areas. Is there a way to do this automatically, maybe based on proximity? We've looked into using v.delaunay, but this seems to combine ALL points into a single area. We only want points in close proximity to be combined into areas.

Any help you can give is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

-Justin

Justin Benjamin
Software Engineer