[GRASS-user] r.out.gdal output size vs input size

Espen Isaksen espen.isaksen at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 05:25:58 EDT 2010

Hi!

I have imported a DEM into Grass. I have done no changes to the file.
Now I want to export the same file with r.out.gdal. However, the
problem is that the file is getting huge. My imported file was a 76MB
Gtiff file. The output is so far getting up to 7GB!! I have not tested
it going all the way as I figure something must be wrong.

My export command is like this:
r.out.gdal input=stryn_slope output=/home/espen/test.dem

I am guessing I am doing something wrong, but I don't understand what it is?

kind regards,
Espen