[GRASS-user] Re: import wx

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Fri Jul 16 12:07:35 EDT 2010

On Jul 16, 2010, at 10:03 AM, schorschli wrote:

> William Kyngesburye wrote:
>>
>> Does the wxpython GUI run in GRASS? (I'm guessing no)
>>
> The GRASS wxpython GUI is running.
>

> William Kyngesburye wrote:
>>
>> Are you doing something with the PYTHONPATH after starting GRASS?  Or are
>> you adding to PYTHONPATH in your shell init (.bash_profile, ...)?
>>

> I just start GRASS without changing the PYTHONPATH...

Maybe something is getting inserted into the python path in some other way?  Start python in GRASS, then

import sys
sys.path

You should see a bunch of frameworks at the front of the list, then etc/python from GRASS, then the system stuff.  If there is another wx in the path before the GRASS etc/python, that will cause problems.

(Note, also try updating to GRASS 6.4rc6, though this might not help your problem.  I tried rc6 and had no problems importing wx with various python startup methods.  I don't have rc5 handy to try that.)

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Oh, look, I seem to have fallen down a deep, dark hole.  Now what does that remind me of?  Ah, yes - life."

- Marvin