[GRASS-user] Some issues with wxGUI

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 17 06:15:24 EDT 2010

Venkatesh Raghavan:
> Hi all,
>
> While using GRASS 6.4.svn stable snapshot MS Windows
> binaries GRASS6.4.0SVN-r42743-1 from
>
> http://josef.fsv.cvut.cz/wingrass/grass64/ and
> also with WinGRASS-6.4.0RC6-1
>
> The following problems were reported by tester in Japan
> using wxGUI both in Japanese and English language
>
> 1. Cannot erase a map in Map Display by unchecking the checkbox in
> Layer Manager and re-rendering map.

That was platform-independent and true for all branches, now fixed.

> 2. Command "r.mfilter", "r.mapcalculator" and "r.colors.rules" are
> activated only by typing them into Cmd>

It seems that r.mfilter is superseded by r.mfilter.fp?
AFAIK, "r.mapcalculator" and "r.colors.rules" are just graphical
front-ends for r.mapcalc and r.colors, respectively. In the wxGUI,
there is the new "Raster calculator" as graphical front-end for
r.mapcalc. The functionality of r.colors.rules is available in
r.colors (can't find r.colors.rules at all in grass64 on Linux)

> 4. Cannot run commands when I display any maps. Need to check
> "menuform.py".

Weird. Works for me on Windows and Linux.

Markus M