[GRASS-user] grass 7 quick question: how to display map in text mode

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 22 14:08:03 EDT 2010

Jarek wrote:
> thanks for answer, but unfortunately no : (
> ximgview still need wxpython it is  solution only for
> old style display commands but not for corrupted wx

Nope, there are two programs, ximgview and wximgview.

Or just use your favourite image viewer for it. When ssh'ing to
the big server I use qiv for this. All you need is something that
updates the view when the image changes. (when out in the field
with terrible internet connection I've even used putty + a web
server to ssh commands + refresh to view the map.png file before).

`qiv --watch map.png`

Hamish