[GRASS-user] Minimum number of pixels required by i.gensigset (i.smap)

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Jul 23 13:17:58 EDT 2010

I am trying to find an answer to the question of how many "pixels/per training
object" are at least required for i.gensigset (and successively i.smap) to
work. I could not find the answer in the (Bouman and Shapiro, 1994) paper.

Among my notes I have "if the number of pixels (of a training object) is too
small (<17) they will be ignored...". Can't find the source anymore. I even
think that this is probably wrong and most likely I saw it in the "i.cluster"
manual (where the parameter "min_size" defaults to 17).

Any pointers? Thank you, Nikos