[GRASS-user] Lake modelling using volume interpolation (v.vol.rst and Paraview)

Craig Wilson craiging619 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 26 11:27:51 EDT 2010

Hi,

I have been working with GRASS for my Masters project to visualize 3D point data of Loch Lomond in Scotland, with carbon levels and temperatures measured at 63 points around the lake (at various depths). I can now get voxel data for each measured point visualised in Paraview, but have been unable to interpolate this data throughout the lake. Would anyone have any idea of the process for doing that?

I have depth data for the whole lake (1208 points including on the shoreline) plus my own digitised outline (573 points), so I considered using the former as a bottom surface and the latter as a top surface in r3.out.vtk, but that doesn't work at all, producing an error message. I have also tried v.vol.rst with the carbon file, using the 4th column (containing the carbon data) as the w variable as specified, but that just produces a blank box in Paraview. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks,

Craig