[GRASS-user] Importing an small piece of the image using r.in.gdal

katrin eggert katrineggert1980 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 12:15:02 EDT 2010

Greetings

I'm working with LandCover global datasets and I need to import only an area
of the dataset since my Region definition will only displays a small area
(e.g. I'm working with European GLobcover and I only want Belgium and my
Location/Mapset destination region  only displays Belgium). How can I only
import a small region in order to avoid no-needed processing and data
(because If I import and process European dataset it will take much more
time than just belgium).
Thanks

Best regards,
Katrin