[GRASS-user] Re: bash script

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 24 04:38:30 EDT 2010

Sandile Gumede  wrote:
> I'm using ubuntu, I installed grass from the synaptic. So the script to
> start grass is in /usr/bin then the file name is grass64 (/usr/bin/grass64)
> and the scripts are in /usr/lib/grass64 then inside grass64 folder you get
> other folder like scripts and so on. That is why in my script I wrote:
>
> # start GRASS
> GISBASE=/usr/bin/grass64

/usr/bin/grass64 is the script starting GRASS, not a directory

in your case I think
GISBASE=/usr/lib/grass64

followed by
export PATH="$GISBASE/bin:$GISBASE/scripts:$PATH"

should do it because r.in.gdal should be in $GISBASE/bin = /usr/lib/grass64/bin

now tell GRASS where its libraries are:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$GISBASE/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
also do
export GRASS_LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

$GISDBASE/lib is nonsense because GISDBASE is the location of a GRASS database

HTH,

Markus M