[GRASS-user] R-GDAL incompatible libraries

Kim Besson kimbesson1981 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 12:53:30 EST 2010

Following Leo's suggestion I installed GDAL 1.6.3 and I tried again:

> library(spgrass6)
Geospatial Data Abstraction Library extensions to R successfully loaded
Loaded GDAL runtime: GDAL 1.6.3, released 2009/11/19
Path to GDAL shared files: /usr/share/gdal16
Loaded PROJ.4 runtime: Rel. 4.6.1, 21 August 2008
Path to PROJ.4 shared files: (autodetected)
GRASS GIS interface loaded with GRASS version: 6.4.0svn
and location: nc_spm_08

(seems OK?)

> precip <- readVECT6("precip_30ynormals", ignore.stderr)
OGR data source with driver: GRASS
Source: "/mnt/GIS/nc_spm_08/PERMANENT/vector/precip_30ynormals/head", layer:
"1"
with 136 features and 18 fields
Feature type: wkbPoint with 3 dimensions
(seems OK?)

When I did
> plot(nc_state, axes=TRUE)
> plot(precip30n, add=TRUE, lwd=2, col="brown")
Error: object 'precip30n' not found
Error in plot(precip30n, add = TRUE, lwd = 2, col = "brown") :
  error in evaluating the argument 'x' in selecting a method for function
'plot'
THe last plot gave that error

But would you say that it seems to be working?

Thank you all for your help and support
Thanks
Kim

Question: Is there any known problem with GRASS and GDAL1.6.3?