[GRASS-user] Suggestions for backward modelling of a river system

Marc Stonestreet Marc at uhurucom.co.za
Wed Mar 17 09:21:26 EDT 2010

Hi all

Can anyone suggest a method to backward model a river system's flow path that can integrate with srtm data?

I am seeking a way (if possible ) to look back in time at the paleo-course of a river system.

I have no doubt that a solution would be a complex undertaking - could anyone advise me on what approach I should adopt at least?

I have the srtm data - guess that was the easy part.. now how would I 'age' the data?

Regards

Marc S