[GRASS-user] Stream flow direction map

Achim Kisseler ak7 at jupiter.uni-freiburg.de
Sat May 1 03:12:21 EDT 2010

On 01.05.2010 07:46, Jarek Jasiewicz wrote:
> Interested question, but I think the easiest answer is carving or stream
> burining (r.stream.carve). Next reproduce r.watershed or
> r.stream.extract you shall receive (almost) ideally confidential network
> with supplied
> HTH
> Jarek

Hi Nikos,Jarek,

Stream burning: Thats what I thought about.

Further I suggest to weight the DEM with the contour information.
A guess how this could be done:
v.to.rast contourmap
r.fillnulls (to interpolate between contour lines raster map)?
r.mapcalc dem*contourrast
then r.watershed

Best regards,
Achim

PS: Check the global dataset "HydroSHED"! It uses stream burning and
works perfectly (for non profit projects). Its resolution?
3",15",30",5'! I successfully used it to create a global runoff-network
for the global runoff model LSDM (Dill 2008).