[GRASS-user] Warnings while importing Kompsat-2 images

Luis Lisboa luislisboa1975 at gmail.com
Mon May 24 11:44:06 EDT 2010

Hi there
I imported Kompsat-2 images using r.in.gdal and I gfot this warnings:
rning 1: TIFFFetchNormalTag:ASCII value for tag
"DocumentName" does not end in null byte
Warning 1: TIFFFetchNormalTag:ASCII value for tag
"ImageDescription" does not end in null byte
Warning 1: TIFFFetchNormalTag:ASCII value for tag "Artist"
does not end in null byte
Warning 1: TIFFFetchNormalTag:ASCII value for tag
"HostComputer" does not end in null byte
Projection of input dataset and current location appear to match

What is the origin of this? Or what can I do to avoid this? Kompsat-2 images
are followed by an header txt. can that be useful?
Because it has recognized projection, the resolution is the same and even nº
of cols/rows.

Thanks

Luis