[GRASS-user] use of i.landsat.acca- question about band 1

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 7 18:54:28 EST 2010

Martin wrote
> please note that I changed `band_prefix` to `input_prefix`
> (update you installation). Now
>
> `i.landsat.acca input_prefix=B.` for B.1, B.2, etc.

I see the logic, but in this case I'm not sure I agree with it,
and band_prefix= (with an assumed '.') may be the better choice.

the goal of standardization is to make it easier to understand
new modules. but in the case where a more specific name provides
more clarity of meaning, and the module is not possible to re-
purpose, then the standardized name loses its advantage.

just my 2c,
Hamish