[GRASS-user] (no subject)

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Tue Nov 9 03:42:22 EST 2010

Hi,

>It's a return of an old bug. It was fixed 8 months a go.
>
>[http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/980]
>
>WinGRASS gurus - please change any other places where HTML browser is
>hardcoded to some ".exe" file. See ticket #980 for details.
>
>Maris.

I've fixed ticket 980 in all cases in the nsis-installer, so the available standalone WinGrass-installer should
have incorporated all fixes.

AFAIK this is an osgeo4w issue. in the grass-starting routine there are following variables set
in C:\OSGeo4W\etc\ini\grass

set GISBASE=%OSGEO4W_ROOT%\apps\grass\grass-6.4.0svn
set WINGISBASE=%OSGEO4W_ROOT%\apps\grass\grass-6.4.0svn
set GRASS_SH=%OSGEO4W_ROOT%\apps\msys\bin\sh.exe
set GRASS_WISH=%OSGEO4W_ROOT%\bin\wish.exe
set GRASS_PYTHON=%OSGEO4W_ROOT%\bin\python.exe
set GRASS_PROJSHARE=%OSGEO4W_ROOT%\share\proj
set GRASS_HTML_BROWSER=%PROGRAMFILES%\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

so this should be fixed there. please open a ticket there.

best regards
Helmut
WEB.DE DSL Doppel-Flat ab 19,99 €/mtl.! Jetzt auch mit
gratis Notebook-Flat! http://produkte.web.de/go/DSL_Doppel_Flatrate/2