[GRASS-user] WinGRASS Requirements + Internet Explorer

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Mon Nov 15 04:15:52 EST 2010

On 11/15/2010 01:10 AM, Nikos Dumakis wrote:
> Greetings
>
> I've been searching on GRASS GIS webiste for a list of WiNGRASS requirements
> but I wasn't able to find anything. Where can I find this?
>
> 2- Since GRASS uses an Internet Browser to display some manuals (etc), I
> wanted to know if it requires IE on Windows or it can be Mozilla?
> Thanks
> Nikos

The short answer is low. If you can run Windows XP you can probably run
GRASS fine (the exception might be some of the 3D visualization modules
that might require a decent graphics card), some analysis just might
take longer on older machines. Install is under 150MB usually.

Any web browser should be fine, and since GRASS is cross platform I
would guess support for browser other than IE might actually be better.

Enjoy,
Alex