[GRASS-user] Re: Help/manual on Georectifier 6.4.0

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 23 08:29:34 EST 2010

Jenny Turner wrote:

>> > active mapset shall be which one? the one where I have my reference
>> > images
>> > (already georrectified) or mapset where I have my not-georreferenced
>> > images)?
>>
>> The active location is the target location with a mapset with your
>> reference images (indicated by the very first question of the
>> georectifier where you have to specify the source and not the target
>> location).
>
> My question was not related with Lcoation (because both maps
> (not-georreference and georreferenced) are in the same Location but in
> different mapsets
> In my example: Mapset:Local: not-georreference and to be georreferenced (How
> do you call this?)
I chose 'source' and

> Mapset: Global: georreferenced (how do you call this?)
... 'target' because the source map can be georeferenced as is
probably the case in your example and you want to improve
georeferencing of the source map, i.e. you want to georectify some
images. Therefore the terms 'un-georeferenced' and 'georeferenced' are
IMHO a bit misleading.

> In the first panel it's asked about Source Location and source Mapset. You
> mean that here I shall define where is my not-georreferenced image? In this
> case mapset:Local?
Yes.

> Second panel asks for a group of images to be goerrectified.
> Third asks for an image to be displayed. in this case is a georreferenced or
> not-georreferenced image?
Yes, one of the images you want to georectify. In the new
Georectifier, the selection is restricted to the images in the chosen
group to avoid confusion, and the fields are labelled source and
target where appropriate. Also note that you can change the source
image to be displayed through the settings dialog in the new
Georectifier.

> So, in the normal Map diSplay window I will put an already georreferenced
> image right? in this case  from Mapset Global?
Yes.