[GRASS-user] Questions Re. Grass63 and Fedora 13

Terry Duell tduell at iinet.net.au
Sun Oct 3 01:10:30 EDT 2010

Hullo Hamish,

On Sun, 03 Oct 2010 15:59:40 +1100, Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com> wrote:

> [...]

[snip]

> has it passed through a removable hard drive though? sometimes
> if one of those uses FAT32 it can lowercase all the filenames,
> and then the program can't find PERMANENT, WIND, PROJ_INFO files,
> etc. due to case sensitivity.

I had just solved the problem and was running through some of my new found
maps when your message arrived. My next task was to post a "solved"
message!

I can't remember the circuitous path that this old data has travelled, but
it was a lowercase issue, and now fixed.
Many moons ago I think that sort of detail was almost automatically
checked, but having been away for so long much has faded...but being
rapidly refreshed!

Many thanks for your help.

Cheers,
--