[GRASS-user] help with georectify

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 13 09:31:06 EDT 2010

Stuart Edwards wrote:
> Hi ~
>
> GRASS 6.4.0 / OS X 10.6.4 and 10.5.8 (PPC) with wxpython
>
> I'm having a problem with the georectify module - which is strange since I've used it a lot in the past without any problems; although maybe not since I upgraded to this GRASS version - hard to remember.  The module executes smoothly through the selection of GCPs and will compute an rms error.  However, when the georectify button is activated I get an error message stating that the Group does not exist.  Right above this message is a line from i.points stating that the points file was saved for this group -- i.e.
>
> POINTS file </Users/stu/grassdata/xy2/PERMANENT/group/sheet9/POINTS> saved
> (Wed Oct  6 09:03:44 2010)
> i.rectify -a group=sheet9 extension=georect64214 order=1
> ERROR: Group <sheet9> does not exist
> (Wed Oct  6 09:03:44 2010) Command finished (0 sec)
>
> This looks a little like a bug that was identified last year and fixed (# 689 / # 709)

It seems that this was not enough, I can reproduce the i.rectify error
on Linux. This is fixed in the wxGUI Ground Control Manager (6.4.1 and
above) which includes all features of the wxGUI Georectifier and all
features of i.points plus some new features to make GCP creation and
management easier.

> BTW, what is the complex 'extension' and why  is the auto-generated value so 'complex'

extension is the Output raster map(s) suffix [1] and it is so complex
in order to come up with a unique extension/map name. In the wxGUI
Ground Control Manager you can change the extension within the
settings dialog.

Markus M

[1] http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/manuals/html64_user/i.rectify.html