[GRASS-user] Error when running a scrip in Windows-WinGRASS

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Thu Oct 14 02:44:49 EDT 2010

M.Onur Kurum wrote:

> Any ideas, suggestions ?
> I just want to be able to launch the GUI when I have a .py of my own
> under /scripts in grass6.4 or 7.0

For 7.0, remove any version of Python which is bundled with GRASS, and
remove any reference to it from the startup scripts. Just use the
installed version of Python.

The only thing which may be problematic is the wxPython digitiser
module. That includes a binary component which will only work with the
exact versions of Python and wxPython for which it was compiled. If
this module is present, you may need to remove it in order to start
the GUI.