[GRASS-user] v.surf.rst does not get past 0% from cli, throws error from python gui but not tcltk

Eric Hardin hardinej at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 09:06:16 EDT 2010

Hi,
I recently tried to interpolate some data using v.surf.rst but ran into
trouble. I'm pretty sure I've interpolated since my last fresh install, so
maybe it is an update that's causing the trouble. I'm using Ubuntu 10.04
64bit.
I have GRASS70 compiled from source and GRASS6.4 from the package manager.
When I try to run v.surf.rst from the command line, it starts and maxes the
cpu but never gets past 0% in both GRASS versions. When I run it from tcltk
gui it does the same thing. When I run it from python gui I sometimes get:
The program 'python' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)'.
  (Details: serial 7354 error_code 2 request_code 18 minor_code 0)
Does this sound familiar to anyone?
Thanks,
Eric

-----