[GRASS-user] Download the new release 6.4.0

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 11 15:54:58 EDT 2010

kapo coulibaly wrote:
> Is there a 64 bit version for windows?

unfortunately not- until our build toolchain (minGW, Msys,
osgeo4w) supports it, or we release grass 7 which is free
from some of those shackles, we're pretty much stuck at 32
bit on Windows. If you have to work with massive datasets,
perhaps installing e.g. Ubuntu 64bit in a VirtualBox virtual
machine inside Vista/Windows7 64 bit could get you going?(?)
Either that or find a Mac or Linux to work on. :-/

my guess is that mingw and co. will get 64 bit before
too long though. obviously there's demand for it.

Hamish