[GRASS-user] Connecting GRASS to a MySQL database?

Richard Chirgwin rchirgwin at ozemail.com.au
Sat Sep 25 02:35:41 EDT 2010

  Tom,

OK, you either want to use v.patch or v.overlay, and you want to do it
via a script so you don't have to handle things manually. Well, ok, six
files isn't too many ...

Although it can show some bad habits, v.patch is probably the better
tool here ... eg (in Australia not the US):

v.patch input=NSW,QLD,VIC,SA,WA,TAS,NT,ACT output=Australia -e

This will fail, however, if the tables aren't identical.

Cheers,
Richard