[GRASS-user] Any GRASS users in Puerto Rico?

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Sep 29 14:16:44 EDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 6:20 PM, Mario Julio Barragan Arce
<mariojulio.barragan at upr.edu> wrote:
> Hello. I need to learn how to use GIS and I have chosen to do it with GRASS.

Welcome here!

> My plan is to learn GIS/GRASS essentials during the next 12 months and start
> applying it for my research the 12 months after that. I started reading the
> available documentation and also started playing with the sample data set
> and am now trying (unsuccessfully) to import data for PR into GRASS.

Feel free to ask in this mailing list.

> I realize that I would benefit from discussing many GRASS related issues with
> other users and it would be great if I could find someone to discuss with
> these issues face to face. There is another person that will be learning
> GIS/GRASS with me, so we are already a "big" GRASS user wannabes in this
> campus. Anybody knows of other GRASS users in Puerto Rico we could contact?

BTW: We have a user map here (voluntary registration):
http://grass.osgeo.org/community/

with some registered users (sometimes the background is white when the JPL WMS
temporarily fails) - perhaps you see some names there. Hope you get an answer
here but only a tiny fraction of the GRASS users is subscribed to the
mailing list.

Cheers
Markus