[GRASS-user] v.in.lines creating an empty vector?

Michelle DiLeo 5lmd at queensu.ca
Fri Apr 8 13:46:54 EDT 2011

Hi,

I have a .csv file with a bunch (thousands) of pairwise points which I would like import and connect through separate lines. I have formatted it as is shown in the manual but it seems to create only an empty vector. I have tried the example that is in the manual as well but that doesn't seem to work either. Here is what I tried:

v.in.lines in=/Users/Me/Desktop/testline.csv out=test fs=,

an example of what my file looks like:

570650,5054903
571048,5054592
NaN,NaN
570650,5054903
570699,5055007
NaN,NaN
570650,5054903
570373,5055017
NaN,NaN
570650,5054903
570563,5055085
NaN,NaN
570650,5054903
558489,5047136
NaN,NaN
571048,5054592
570699,5055007

Is there some other way I can achieve this since v.in.lines does not seem to be working for me (or something obvious that I'm doing wrong)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!

Michelle