[GRASS-user] overlapping areas seem valid to v.build: why?

Benjamin Ducke benducke at fastmail.fm
Sun Dec 4 04:20:17 EST 2011

Would it be a solution to add tolerance
for data with partial or bad topology to those vector
modules that deal with polygons and must not strictly
rely on error free topology? v.rast.stats is one
them. I imagine the group is not too large.

I don't think it would be very much work to change
the check for topology level 2 that those modules
currently use into one that just issues a warning
if only level 1 is present, but then lets the
user proceed at his/her own risk(?)

The critical task would be to decide which
modules strictly require level 2 for usable
result.

Ben

--
Benjamin Ducke