[GRASS-user] How to find the second largest value in a series of rasters.

Marcello Gorini gorini at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 18:46:19 EST 2011

 Moritz:

> Since you have the max_raster value, can't you just take that map out of
> the list you submit to r.series and find the new max_raster and value ?

Unfortunately, I can't. There is not on single map which is the maximum
everywhere. The calculation is done in a cell-by-cell basis, so different
maps have the maximum value locally.

Somehow, if after identifying the maximum value, I could make it zero or
-9999, for instance, then I could re-run r.series to get the second largest
value, but I don't know how to do it.

But thanks anyway.

Cheers,
Marcello.