[GRASS-user] 'v.distance'

Bulent Arikan bulent.arikan at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 09:02:08 EST 2011

Dear List,

I have a points vector file, which I use as input in 'v.distance' to create
a new vector file of lines (showing the minimum distance to the coast). The
output is naturally a vector file that contains lines between each point
and the sea. However, I realize that the output map cannot be queried. Even
if I have GRASS connect the new (lines) vector file with the points as the
second layer, querying of the lines does not return results.

What I want to do is to assign CAT numbers to each line (it can be same
with the CAT# of its point of origin) so that I can display lines
individually in the new lines vector file for further analyses.

Thank you for your help!

Bulent