[GRASS-user] r.mapcalculator / r.mapcalc not producing raster

jaydub justcallmejay at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 13:29:48 EST 2011

Hi all, I'm trying to combine two raster using the r.mapcalc/r.mapcalculator
but am getting no where. I'm using python.

# I did this previously... so "dem" and "rain" exist as rasters
grass.run_command("r.in.gdal",input="<location>/dem.tif",output="dem")
grass.run_command("r.in.gdal",input="<location>/rain.tif",output="rain")

# Then I try this...
grass.run_command("r.mapcalculator",amap="dem",bmap="rain",formula="A *
B",outfile="test_combo")

The output from that gives me...
r.mapcalc "test_combo" = "( "dem" * "rain" )"
 100%
Done.

When I try to add "test_combo" to the display in GRASS, nothing shows, even
when I try to zoom to the layer in GRASS.

r.info gives me the following:
 | Layer:    test_combo2                    Date: Fri Feb 18 13:19:52 2011
|
 | Mapset:   PERMANENT                      Login of Creator: jay
|
 | Location: newLocation

 | DataBase: .........                                              |