[GRASS-user] Resolving Region Mis-Match

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Feb 26 09:37:50 EST 2011

On Fri, 25 Feb 2011, Hamish wrote:

>> GRASS 6.5.svn (Nevada-ll):~/grassdata > g.region -p
>> projection: 99 (Albers Equal Area)
>> north:      42.939146
>> south:      34.306149
>> west:       -120.987956
>> east:       -112.451729
>> nsres:      8.632997
>> ewres:      8.536227
>> rows:       1
>> cols:       1
>> cells:      1

> You've mixed a AEA location with Lat/Long region bounds.

Hamish,

   Yep. While I have no excuse for getting myself into a deep hole I know
it's because my spatial analytical/modeling projects have all been in Oregon
where all relevant data sources are in the same state standard projection.
As soon as I move into other states I don't have this nice situation.

   Now that I'm aware of the hole I've dug I've stopped digging and will
either do the conversions first (after deciding on the projection to use,
but I've not used either gdalwrap or ogr2ogr before so there's a learning
curve there) or multiple import locations then reproject them within grass
to a common projection.

Thanks,

Rich