[GRASS-user] v.to.rast, error and definition of dir

Johannes Radinger JRadinger at gmx.at
Tue Jan 25 08:53:02 EST 2011

Hello,

I've to questions about the v.to.rast module.

1)

I run
 v.to.rast input=river_line output=river_raster1 use=attr column=OBJECTID --o

which seems to work (I set the region via
g.region vect=river_line res=10 save=region)

but after the calculation there is a problem with the display. I get the error: can't open the rastermap river_raster1...no more information.

2) what excactly is the option use=dir?
I know that it is the flow direction for lines only, but which vector lines have to be the input to get a flow direction?

thank you
Johannes

jetzt kostenlos herunterladen! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/atbrowser