[GRASS-user] Re: raster stats within vector

Paulo van Breugel p.vanbreugel at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 04:27:22 EDT 2011

v.rast.stats (menu: Vector-Update area attribute from raster) will
calculate n, min, max, range, mean, stddev, variance, coeff_var, sum and
optionally the 1st quartile, median, 3rd quartile, and given percentile.
Columns will be created on the fly, you only have to give the 'base
name' of the columns. I.e., no need to create a column yourself.