[GRASS-user] Qgis/Grass - Garmin GPS 62s

Nuno Sousa nuno_sousa_1984 at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 28 04:30:50 EDT 2011

Hi everyone,

This is specially for those familiar working with Qgis/Grass (GIS apps) and data transfer/exporting betwen these and Garmin (specially newer models like mine 62s). I have some Qgis shapefiles (but i work also with GRASS plugin) that present geologic information. It is in vectorial-polygons format. The system coordination is already WGS84 (im uploading the shape here: http://www.mediafire.com/?afpbqpxw8n3ev0l). I would like to know whats the best route or steps to be able to transfer this geologic chart to Garmin 62s to be able to visualize/use in field work (preserving all the information possible)? I work with both Ubuntu 11.04 64-bit platform.

Regards

Nuno