[GRASS-user] v.to.rast

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 29 07:52:58 EDT 2011

Salvatore Mellino wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with v.to.rast. I have a vector of an Italian region (Campania), when I convert it to raster I lose the quality of boundary. Is it a problem of resolution? How can I fix the problem?

If you want to convert the boundaries to rasterized lines instead of
the area, you would first need to convert the boundaries to lines and
then convert the vector lines to raster.

Also make sure that the computational region is correctly set (extents
at least overlapping with the vector map and the desired resolution).

Markus M