[GRASS-user] vector database connection

Bulent Arikan bulent.arikan at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 17:26:44 EDT 2011

Dear List,

I prepared a vector map using "v.distance", showing the minimum distance
from a series of vector points (i.e., cities) to a coastline (another vector
map of area type). Naturally, the minimum distances are shown as lines in
this new vector map. When I want to see the attribute table, I get  the
following warning "Database connection for vector map is not defined in DB
file. Define new connection in manage layers tab". However, I am not sure
how to define such connection since there is not a (.dbf) for this new
vector map in the folder. Do I connect this new vector map of lines to the
original vector map of points (cities) as a second layer? If so, how does
one do that?

Eventually, I want to get an elevation profile using these minimum distance
lines. I think the most appropriate module for this is "r.profile" (which
means that I have to rasterize the vector lines) but if you have other
suggestions I will be grateful.

Thank you,

--
BÜLENT