[GRASS-user] Displaying multiple raster maps

Ralf Schäfer senator at ecotoxicology.de
Fri Jun 17 10:51:15 EDT 2011

Dear Grass Users,

I am a newbie to GRASS and am trying to display several raster maps in one window.
I used scripting to store my maps in a variable:
my=$(g.mlist type=rast pattern='E14' -r)

and then a slope for plotting:
d.mon x0
for i in $my; do d.rast $i; done

Now the problem is that all raster maps are plotted by only is shown. I do not have this problem for vector maps but also when I just want to display 2 raster maps...

I also work with the wxPython GUI and asked myself whether it is possible to display in the Gis Map Display of the GUI instead in the X11 system (i.e. somehow specify with d.mon that the maps are plotted in the GUI Map Display)?
In the GUI I do not have the problem with displaying multiple raster maps.

And a final question: is there a way to implement the slope in the GUI?
I tried in the command console of the GRASS GIS layer manager but it would not work (the assigning of the gmlist to a variable does not work).

Any help appreciated
Ralf