[GRASS-user] r.colors -e for G3d?

Soeren Gebbert soerengebbert at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 21 10:03:28 EDT 2011

Hello Hamish,

>> While doing this i plan to implement two more modules:
>> r3.retile and r3.colors. r3.colors can be used to assign a color table
>> to a raster3d map (its an enhancement to r.colors to support 3d raster
>> too, like r.univar and r3.univar). Because g3d uses the same color
>> table and functions as the raster library these color tables can be
>> exchanged between raster and raster3d maps. Maybe this is the
>> function you are looking for?
>
> yes, exactly.

Good news:
The modules r3.colors and r3.colors.out are implement in the sources
of r.colors and r.color.out using preprocessor macros. The g3d related
code can be activated using -DUSE_RASTER3D while compilation.

> the results (for the top z-layer) thanks to 'r.colors -e' are quite
> stunning. I'll send you a screenshot off-list. Can't wait to see what
> the 3D 'r.colors -e' version looks like

The bad news:
The compilation of r3.colors and r3.colors.out is not enabled, because
i don't know how to add different preprocessor flags for two commands
in a single Makefile. Besides of that the useful and requested flag
"-e" is still not available in r3.colors because of the lack of tile
statistic support in the g3d library. :/

Before the "-e" flag can be implemented in r3.colors, statistic
support for tiles (like row statistics for raster maps?) must be
implemented in the g3d library. Because i nearly finished my g3d code
review this must wait for a while ... unfortunately.

Best regards
Soeren