[GRASS-user] How to plot arrows style of speed and direction of wind...

sgw00412 at nifty.com sgw00412 at nifty.com
Thu Jun 23 10:03:53 EDT 2011

Dear grass user

Recently, I am feeling sorry for many questions....

I'm looking for how to plot arrows of speed and direction of wind.
for example, if station A has 4m/s and Eest (degree 90 )of annual average wind
 situation,
the plot like arrow style;
<----xA
Other hand, if station B has 2m/s and West (degree 270 ) of annal average wind
 situation,
the plot also like arrow style:
Bx-->
...and so on.

In this case, data set is as follows;

station | lat | lon | w.speed | w.direction |
tokyo   | 35.2| 25.4| 4.0     | 90          |
osaka   | 24.5| 33.9| 2.0     | 270         |

w.speed is single and w.direction is integer. Wind direciotn ranges between 1
(=north), 90 (=east), 180 (=south), 270 (=west) and 360 (=north).

I think that this data set can import to vector data by using v.in.ascii...
So, I'm looking for command -- d.vect --, but can not find to arrows style of
speed and direction of wind...I think that it is difficult to show an arrow st
yle by using two properties (=two columns, speed and direction )....

Please teach me if there is profitable information...

Yasuo shimada ( japan weather association )