[GRASS-user] Re: Monte Carlo realizations of categorical maps.

Marcello Gorini gorini at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 10:09:09 EDT 2011

Hamish wrote:

>also, for a categorical map you might try r.to.vect + the v.random.cover
>module for GRASS 6 from addons:
>   http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/Addons#v.random.cover
>
>"v.random.cover is a shell script for creating random points constrained
within an irregularly shaped >vector area. (v.random places points only in
current region rectangle). Optionally the user can upload >raster values at
the points. See also 'r.random cover= vector_output='"

Thanks for your comments Hammish. I am not sure how to do it this way, but
yes, there is probably a workaround. For now, I will just wait for a
response from the author.

Rainer:
>> so why not contact the author?

Hamish:
>(he still emails comments from time to time, so your chances are good.
>let me know if the email you tried was too old, I may have a newer one
>somewhere)

I tried:
Charles.R.Ehlschlaeger at usace.army.mil

Let's see if it works.