[GRASS-user] How to plot arrows style of speed and direction of wind...

SGW00412 at nifty.com SGW00412 at nifty.com
Sat Jun 25 01:33:56 EDT 2011

Dear Moritz and all

Thank you for useful advices !

Method [2] succeeded. However, the resolution should be small, and it devise it
a little more.

Method [3] failed in the installation.
I have improved two files --Module.make, Grass.make-- referring to a past log.
However, the installation failed with the following message;

/usr/bin/install -c  /usr/lib/grass64  /bin/d.barb /usr/lib/grass64/bin/

Best

Yasuo shimada
----------
> Use icon= for defining a symbol (see [1] for examples).
>
> But you might be better off using a raster approach and d.rast.arrow.
> See example at [2].
>
> Or check out Hamish' d.barb AddOn module [3].
>
> Moritz
>
> [1] http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/IconSymbols
> [2] http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/Meteorology
> [3] http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_AddOns#d.barb