[GRASS-user] Identify lines by starting point?

Rainer M Krug r.m.krug at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 07:21:56 EDT 2011

Hi

I have created flowpaths for a grid, and have to do some analysis per grid
cell, i.e. per flowline.

Is there a way of identifying a line by its starting point?
I would like to provide the cell / centre of a cell and get the flowline
from this point? I know I could create them separately, but this calculation
is part of a simulation which is repeated several thousand times, and the
grid is quite big, wherefore the individual storage of the flowlines is not
an option here.

Thanks,

Rainer

UCT), Dipl. Phys. (Germany)